Clerk & Recorder
We are going back to regular business hours on Monday, October 19th. You still must wear an appropriate face mask into the building, and no more than 10 people will be allowed in at a time.
If you have a matter that can be taken care of online, over the phone, via mail or email, please protect yourself and our employees by doing so. There are still many options to not have to come in to our office. We want to assist you in the safest way possible.
The Department of Revenue has developed a webpage to provide information for customers to best navigate changes and processes during the closure. That page also contains a link to changes specific to vehicle services.
The Office of the Clerk and Recorder is responsible for conducting primary, general, and special elections held in the county; voter registration; recording and processing public documents; issuing and recording marriage licenses; and titling and registering of motor vehicles.
Motor Vehicle Information
Why not "Skip the Trip!" There are over 34 online services, from renewing your registration to changing your address, and more. Visit the Colorado Department of Revenue website.
- Motor vehicle Late Fees (PDF)
- All NEW motor vehicle transactions require ID, proof of insurance and proof of residency in the county
- Credit/debit cards now accepted with a service fee of 2.25% (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)
- Marriage license information (PDF)
- Marriage License Application
- Civil Union information (PDF)
- Clear Creek County Clerk and Recorder fees (PDF)
Sample Ballot (you may not be eligible to vote on all questions)
Register to Vote or Verify/Make Changes to your Voter Registration: www.govotecolorado.gov
- 2020 Presidential Primary Results (PDF)
- 2019 Coordinated Election Results (PDF)
- 2018 General Election Results
- 2018 Primary Election Results
- Voter Registration Form (PDF)
UOCAVA Voting Information