Clear Creek County Human Services
Welcome to Clear Creek County Department of Human Services. We provide support and services for families and individuals in our community.
Our child welfare division focuses on providing trauma informed services for our community. We believe by providing services for our most vulnerable families as early as possible we help to prevent child maltreatment and strengthen families protective capacity.
Child welfare services include:
- Prevention and intervention services for children, youth and families at risk of involvement with child welfare.
- Youth in conflict services reduce or eliminate conflicts between youth and their family members or community when conflicts affect the youth's well-being, the normal functioning of the family, or the well-being of the community.
- child protection services are provided to protect children whose physical, mental or emotional wellbeing is threatened by the actions or omissions of parents, legal guardians, custodians or persons responsible for providing our of home care.
- Screening and investigating reports of mistreatment and self-neglect
- Assessment of client's strengths, needs and cognition
- Provide casework services
For general questions about APS or for training to your agency or group, please call the supervisor, Charleen Bell, at 303-517-8464.
Human Services also helps to finance services for families, including therapy, drug and alcohol evaluations, psychological evaluations, and parenting classes.
Additional programs offered:
- Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC)
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Department of Humans Services' mission is to assist eligible clients in securing core needs, such as shelter, food, and health care, while working toward self-sufficiency, independence, and safe family surroundings.