COVID-19 Vaccine Information
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY'S COVID-19 VACCINATION GOAL
To provide vaccinations to all eligible members of the Clear Creek County community who want them, as quickly and safely as possible, following all applicable guidance.
We appreciate our County residents’ eagerness to get vaccinated and patience as we work to implement the safest plan in accordance with the CDPHE’s statewide phased approach and availability of the vaccine.
VACCINATION UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 18, 2021
- Clear Creek was recently notified that we will receive a shipment of vaccine doses this week.
- All those who have pre-registered and who are eligible to receive vaccinations this week have been notified and received self-scheduling instructions for this week's vaccination clinic.
- It is a priority of Gov. Polis' administration to vaccinate 70% of Coloradans that are 70 years or older by February 28.
- Please read Gov. Polis' Letter to Seniors for more information on additional vaccination options for Seniors.
- As we receive new information, we will update our website to provide details regarding the next eligible group(s).
HOW DO I GET REGISTERED FOR THE VACCINE?
We continue to collect PRE-REGISTRATION information for those in PHASE 1 / 1B who are interested in receiving the vaccine. PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY FOR DETAILS ON PRE-REGISTRATION:
- Complete this brief electronic form: https://forms.gle/CM4Cu2MB1e9JFmF38
- After you complete this form, you will receive an instant pop-up receipt.
- A short while later you will receive an email confirmation of the information you submitted.
- NOTE: If you are unable to complete the online form, please call our COUNTY COVID HEALTH LINE at 303-670-7528 and leave a message, including your name and phone number, for assistance. This is a message line only and you will receive a call-back to get pre-registered.
- After you are pre-registered, when your vaccination phase/category becomes eligible and a vaccination clinic is scheduled, you will be notified by email (or phone if you are not able to receive email) and will receive a link to the online self-scheduling system to schedule your appointments for your first does and your second dose 28 days later. There are no exceptions to this timeframe.
- You must have an appointment to be vaccinated. NO DROP-INS will be vaccinated.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT!
WHAT VACCINATION PHASE ARE WE IN RIGHT NOW?
In Clear Creek County, we are still in VACCINATION PHASE 1 / 1B (above the dotted line on the CDPHE chart below), with the current priority groups per the State being:
- Full-time Clear Creek County residents aged 70+
- People employed within Clear Creek County whose jobs are in categories 1A and 1B – all first responders (EMS, Firefighters, Law Enforcement), health care workers with direct contact with COVID-19 patients, and all other health care workers (home health, hospice, dentists, pharmacists, etc.)
- If you are employed in a 1A or 1B job NOT operating in Clear Creek County, you need to contact your employer and/or county of employment for getting vaccinated. This applies even if you are a Clear Creek County resident.
CAN I PRE-REGISTER FOR A FUTURE CATEGORY or PHASE?
Currently you can pre-register for categories in PHASE 1, above the dotted line, ONLY. See the CDPHE chart below for details. You can complete the electronic pre-registration form even if you are not eligible for the current category, as long as the category is in Phase 1. When you pre-register, check the appropriate category for your situation and you will be notified when registration opens up for that category.
WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?
Our allotment of vaccine doses from the State of Colorado is based on our number of primary residents, as well estimates of those employed in the county. The county receives a limited amount of vaccine from the state, typically weekly, with three to four days’ notice. We currently receive the Moderna vaccine, which requires 2 doses one month apart.
We appreciate your ongoing patience as we continue to navigate through the changing vaccination phases/categories and logistical challenges. As we receive new information, we will update our website to provide details regarding the next eligible group for vaccinations and clinic details
Until the majority of the population is vaccinated, the best way to keep ourselves and our communities healthy is to:
- Stay home as much as possible, do not travel, and avoid in-person social gatherings.
- When in public, wear a mask, keep your distance from others, and practice good hygiene.
Once you have received a COVID-19 vaccine, it is imperative that you continue to follow public health guidelines for the health and safety of our community. Please continue to wear a mask and social distance.
THE STATE OF COLORADO AND CLEAR CREEK COUNTY'S MASK MANDATES REMAIN IN EFFECT.
Additional Information and Resources
- COVID-19 vaccine safety, U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID-19 vaccine development and planning for Colorado (CDPHE)
- Vaccine for Coloradans webpage (CDPHE)
- COVID-19 Colorado Vaccine FAQs (CDPHE)
- FDA COVID-19 vaccine information
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine website and factsheet, and call center for questions: 1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-3762)
- FDA Moderna vaccine Q&A
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine website
- FDA Pfizer vaccine Q&A
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, call COHELP: 303-389-1687 or 877-462-2911. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Answers available in multiple languages.