Places to Visit
Places to visit
Properties with developed trails and amenities
- Floyd Hill Open Space- Multiuse, non motorized trail system developed for hiking, mountain biking and equestrian use. The Sluice is a downhill 1 way only mountain bike trail. Restrooms are present at the trailhead.
- Beaver Brook Watershed- The vast majority of this area is United States Forest Service land, but the northern portion of it is owned by Clear Creek County. Trails are non motorized/multi use for hiking, mountain biking and equestrian use.
- Oxbow Open Space- Is part of the Clear Creek Greenway Project and is a concrete surface path that follows Clear Creek and includes fishing access points. 1 restroom is present at this trailhead.
- Game Check Station- is a stop along the Clear Creek Greenway project that includes parking, restroom facilities and river access for fishing.
- Philadelphia Mill Site- is adjacent to the Clear Creek Greenway project that includes, parking, restroom and fishing access points.
- Upper Dumont- is adjacent to the Clear Creek Greenway Project and includes parking, restrooms, fishing and boat launching facilities.
- Lawson White Water Park- is adjacent to the Clear Creek Greenway Project and includes parking, restrooms/changing room, ADA compliant river access and developed boat launching facilities.
- Alvarado Open Space Park- is adjacent to the Clear Creek County Greenway project and includes parking, rest room, developed beginner trails around a pond and through a mature Cottonwood forest.
- Silverdale- Full multiuse trail system home of the former Silverdale town site.
Rules and Regulations for Open Space Use
The general rules for open space lands are available here, as well as other information about recreational uses within the County:
- Overall Open Space Commission Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- County Ordinance 4 Pertaining to Use of Land for Recreation Uses (PDF)
Certain open space lands are also subject to additional rules and regulations:
- Beaver Brook Watershed Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Clear Creek Greenway Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Game Check Station Rules (PDF)
- Lawson White Water Park Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Philadelphia Mill Site Rules and Regulations (PDF)
Open Space Maps