Residential Inspection Requirements
A minimum of a 24-hour notice must be given for inspections.
The assigned permanent address must be posted and clearly visible from the road.
The following inspection stages are required by the International Residential Code and Clear Creek County Building Department.
- Footing must have rebar in place, but no concrete poured.
- Grounding Electrode required at both the Footing and Foundation inspections.
- Foundation must have rebar in place, but no concrete pored.
- Deck Piers must have any required rebar in place, but no concrete poured.
- Perimeter Foundation Drain must have all gravel and piping in place, prior to backfill.
- Foundation Damp-proofing inspected prior to backfill.
You have the option of having the inspections be performed by the Licenses Engineer or Architect for the project or you may request the inspections from the Building Inspector. If inspected by the Engineer or Architect, the option Foundation Compliance form provided by this Department must be completed and submitted to the Building Department.
- Foundation Insulation inspected prior to pouring of slab.
When scheduling inspections with the County, if possible, please schedule inspections 5, 6 and 7 at the same time.
- Underground Plumbing water test or air test of number 5 required on DWV.
- Shower Pan has water test in liner.
- In-floor Radiant Heat Tubing requires number 100 test.
- Rough Plumbing test of number 60 required on water lines, number 15 on gas lines and number 5 on DWV. The field card must be signed by the Plumber with the license number and expiration date of the license.
- Gas Line number 15 required on the gas line.
- Fireplace all gas fireplaces need outside shutoff.
- Rough Heating when LPG appliances are installed in basement or pit a daylighted drain or gas detector with shut off is required
- Rough Electric is permitted and inspected by State Electrical Inspector 303-894-2300. Please have the field card signed by the inspector or a copy of his inspection report.
- Braced Wall Construction inspection to be done when all required strapping, nailing and hold-downs are installed.
- Mid Roof required for all roofs when the underlayment is applied.
- Exterior Building Wrap inspection to be done prior to the window installation and after Building Wrap is installed.
- Framing must have truss manufacturer's specifications on site.
If possible, schedule rough plumbing, rough heating and framing at the same time. If it is not possible all roughs including electrical needs to be approved prior to the framing inspection.
- Fenestration can be done at Framing, please have all energy code information labeling on the windows and doors.
- Insulation have installers certificate on site.
- Drywall Nail must not begin mudding and taping until inspection has been approved.
- Final Electrical performed by State Electrical Inspector 303-894-2300
- Final Plumbing must have hot and cold running water.
- Final Heating furnace, boiler, and water heater must all be operating
- Final Building everything must be completed, site cleaned and address clearly posted.,
Must have all final approvals for Driveway, Defensible Space, OWTS (Septic), Electric and any other Commercial Development Department's requirement, prior to the final building inspection and issuance of Certificate of Occupancy.