July 9, 2020 2:00 PM
Temporary Stage 2 Fire Restrictions
Temporary Stage 2 Fire Restrictions Now Effective
TEMPORARY STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY
STATE OF COLORADO
These Temporary Fire Restrictions, dated and executed below, supersede all previous Fire Restrictions and Fire Bans.
THESE TEMPORARY FIRE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO ALL LANDS IN UNINCORPORATED CLEAR CREEK COUNTY
Pursuant to the Annual Operating Plan regarding the implementation of Fire Restrictions and Fire Bans; and due to the continuing high fire danger conditions within Clear Creek County, the following activities are prohibited pursuant to Stage 2 Restrictions:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using any Open Fire as defined in Ordinance No. 8.
“Open Fire” is defined in Clear Creek County Ordinance No. 8 as: “Any fire outdoors for any purpose, including, but not limited to, bonfires, campfires, charcoal or wood barbeques; lighting off fireworks of any kind, trash or rubbish burning, smoking and lawn, weed, ditch or crop burning”; but excludes “propane or natural gas barbeque or liquid fuel stove if it is attended at all times and is in a fully enclosed, covered barbeque grill or is contained within a liquid fuel stove.”
2. Sale, possessing, discharging or using any type of fireworks or other pyrotechnic device, including sparklers.
3. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or while stopped in an area of at least six feet diameter that is barren or cleared of all combustible material.
4. Possessing or using a motor vehicle off roads, EXCEPT when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway or driveway serving private property; and EXCEPT for parking overnight in Forest Service developed campgrounds and trailheads; no off road (cross-country travel) of any kind.
5. All other outdoor spark- or flame-producing activities.
6. Shooting (discharging of firearms of any kind).
7. Operating a chain saw without having (a) a USDA or SAE approved spark arresting device properly installed and in proper working order, (b) an extinguishing source, water, pressurized water extinguisher, or a proper chemical pressurized extinguisher, large enough to handle nearby hazards, and (c) at least one large-size, pointed shovel with an overall length of at least thirty-six inches, readily available for quick use.
8. Operating welding and cutting torch appliances, except within an area that is barren or cleared of all combustible material at least 30 feet in all directions from the operating equipment.
WELDING AND CUTTING TORCH APPLIANCES: Gas cylinder mixtures, electric and/or portable powered welders and cutting appliances which produce heat, flame, sparks, molten metal slag, etc.
NOTE: Burn permits issued and not executed prior to the effective date of these
Temporary Fire Restrictions shall not be authorized unless approved by the issuing agency on the day of execution.
EXEMPTIONS APPROVED UNDER THESE TEMPORARY FIRE RESTRICTIONS
Ø Persons with a valid written permit from the Sheriff or appropriate Fire Authority which specifically authorizes the prohibited act.
Ø Any Federal, State, or local Law Enforcement or Fire Officer acting in the performance of an official duty.
Ø Charcoal grill fires at private residences.
Ø Open fires required in religious ceremonies and for which a valid written permit has been granted in advance by the local Fire Department or District.
Individuals operating under any of the above exemptions shall take adequate measures to prevent uncontrolled fires. Measures include, but are not limited to:
1. Containers of adequate water or dry soil nearby; and/or
2. Shovels, fire extinguishers, or other extinguishing agents nearby and/or
3. Coordination with the local Fire Department or District to be on scene or standby during an activity.
Violators may be charged with 4th degree Arson and/or Reckless Endangerment, or as provided in Clear Creek County Ordinance No. 8.
These Revised Fire Restrictions will become effective at 6:00 A.M. on Friday, July 10, 2020, and shall remain in effect until superseded or repealed.
Executed this 9th day of July, 2020, at 2:00 P.M.
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY SHERIFF