August 28, 2019 1:53 PM
TEMPORARY STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
Temporary Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in effect 8/28/2019
TEMPORARY STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS NO SHOOTING
CLEARCREEK COUNTY STATE OF COLORADO
These Temporary Fire Restrictions, dated and executed below, supersede all previous Fire Restrictions and Fire Bans.
THESE TEMPORARY FIRE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO ALL LANDS IN UNINCORPORATED CLEAR CREEK COUNTY
Pursuant to the Annual Operating Plan regarding the implementation of Fire Restrictions and Fire Bans; and due to the continuing high fire danger conditions within Clear Creek County, the following activities are prohibited pursuant to Stage 1 Restrictions:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using any open fire as defined in Ordinance No. 8, except a fire within a permanently constructed fire grate in a developed park or campground with an on-site host available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
2. Sale, possessing, discharging or using any type of fireworks or other pyrotechnic device to include sparklers. This order does not differentiate between lawful use or careless/negligent use of fireworks, but prohibits all fireworks activity and use on public lands as identified above, except municipal-conducted fireworks shows with liability insurance, fire mitigation in preparation and fire suppression on scene during and as needed after the display. This order as it relates to fireworks or other pyrotechnic devices shall expire when this ban is lifted.
3. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area of at least three feet diameter that is barren or cleared of all combustible material.
4. All other outdoor spark or flame producing activities.
5. Shooting (discharging of fire arms of any kind) IS PROHIBITED EXCEPT when engaging in legal hunting activities with a valid hunting license or target shooting within designated shooting range in Clear Creek County (which is only the Clear Creek County Sportsmen Club located on Stanley Road and the Clear Creek County Sheriff's office range off U.S. Highway 6).
"Open Fire" is defined in Clear Creek County Ordinance No. 8 as: "Any fire outdoors for any purpose, including, but not limited to, bonfires, campfires, charcoal or wood barbecues; lighting off fireworks of any kind, trash or rubbish burning, smoking and lawn, weed, ditch or crop burning"; but excludes "propane or natural gas barbecue or liquid fuel stove if it is attended at all times and is in a fully enclosed, covered barbecue grill or is contained within a liquid fuel stove."
NOTE: Burn permits issued and not executed prior to the effective date of these
2019-0 8-28 Fire Ban - Stage I
Temporary Fire Restrictions shall not be authorized unless approved by the issuing agency on the day of execution.
Exemptions approved under these Temporary Fire Restrictions:
► Persons with a valid written permit from the Sheriff or appropriate Fire Authority which specifically authorizes the prohibited act.
► Any Federal, State, or local Law Enforcement or Fire Officer acting in the performance of an official duty.
► Charcoal grill fires at private residences .
► Open fires required in religious ceremonies and for which a valid written permit has been granted in advance by the local Fire Department or District.
Individuals operating under any of the above exemptions shall take adequate measures to prevent uncontrolled fires. Measures include, but are not limited to:
Containers of adequate water or dry soil nearby; and/or
Shovels, fire extinguishers, or other extinguishing agents nearby and/or
Coordination with the local Fire Department or District to be on scene or standby during an activity.
Violators may be charged with 4th degree Arson, and/or Reckless Endangerment, or unlawful conduct on public or private property, or as provided in Clear Creek County Ordinance No. 8, as determined by the Sheriff.
These Temporary Fire Restrictions will become effective at 12:00 p.m. on
Wednesday August 28th, 2019, and shall remain in effect until superseded or repealed.
Executed this 28th day of August, 2019, at 12:00 PM
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY SHERIFF