How do I determine where my property boundaries are?

Hiring a professional surveyor is the best way to accurately locate your property boundaries.  The surveyor can stake out your property boundaries or locate the corners of the property for you.  Additionally, for more general information regarding your property boundaries you can refer to the subdivision plat of your property if one exists. If your property is part of a platted subdivision, there should be a plat on file with the Clerk and Recorders Office.  Please call (303)679-2340 or visit the Clerk & Recorder web page. These plats may be viewed by the public during regular business hours and will show the location of the surveyor’s monuments on the plat which mark the property boundaries. It should be noted that some properties have not been surveyed and therefore, no survey information would be on file.

Show All Answers

1. How can I find out how a property is zoned?
2. What are the required building setbacks and allowed uses in my zoning district?
3. Can I subdivide my property?
4. How do I know if my neighborhood has covenants?
5. How do I determine where my property boundaries are?
6. Can I camp on my property?
7. Can I leave my recreational vehicle on my property year around?
8. The house has a outhouse, is that okay?
9. Can I put a mobile home on my property?
10. Can I have animals, small livestock and large livestock including horses?
11. Can I have a Tiny Home in Clear Creek County?
12. Do I need a permit to run my house as a short term rental (vacation rental) on websites like AirBNB or VRBO?
13. The house I am interested in is on a septic system, what does that mean?
14. What is a septic Use Permit?
15. Why do the number of bedrooms matter for my septic system?
16. My septic system has "higher level treatment", what does that mean?