Civil Process Information
The Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office is responsible for the Service of Civil Process, to, and for the citizens of Clear Creek County, per Colorado Revised Statute 30-10-515, "Sheriff to execute writs-attend court." Which reads;
The Sheriff, in person or by his Under-sheriff or Deputy, shall serve and execute, according to law, all processes, writs, precepts, and orders issued or made by lawful authority and to him directed, and shall serve the several courts of record held in his county.
Our Requirements to Complete Service
- Prepayment of service fee (see Civil Process Fees (PDF))
- Prepayment of mileage fee for the total number of days service is to be attempted by our office (see Civil Process Fees (PDF))
- Cover sheet containing service information:
- Full name and date of birth of the individual to be served
- The physical address, phone number, and employer of the individual to be served
- Requestors name, phone number and mailing address
- Two (2) copies of documents to be served
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
Payments can be made in Cash, Check, or Money Order and made payable to the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office. Electronic Checks and Credit / Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) are accepted in person and by phone with a service fee of 2.7%.
To pay with a credit card by phone call (303) 679-2376, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding holidays).
Phone inquiries can be made by calling (303) 679-2376, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Service requests may be made in person by coming to the administrative offices of the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office located at 405 Argentine Street in Georgetown, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Or, may be mailed to:
Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office
Attention: Civil Division
P.O. Box 2000
Georgetown, CO 80444